I always loved Snickers bars – any combination of nuts and chocolate is a winner in my mind…but the added sugar and processed ingredients really don’t need to be there. When your taste buds AND your cells are nourished you know you are onto a good thing. Believe me – try these raw food beauties that don’t require any cooking, and let me know if you still need your Snickers or Bounty!
It is based on a recipe I found at Eat Well NZ
I made just half a batch of these on a Sunday morning. They are SO gorgeous the fact I made them last until Tuesday is an achievement!!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of dates
- 70g raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup almonds (I always soak these in water for a few hours first, then drain and rinse before use)
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped into tiny bits
- desiccated coconut, to roll
What I did
- Put the dates, oats, cashews and almonds in a food processor, and blitz until the nuts are in tiny pieces.
- Add the other ingredients into the food processor and blend until they come together in a firm consistency. (If they are too crumbly then add a bit more coconut oil).
- Use a teaspoon and get out small amounts that you can roll into balls in your palms.
- When each ball is made then roll it straight in the desiccated coconut to coat and place it in an air tight container.
- When all the balls are made, put the lid on the container and leave in the fridge for at least a few hours (although no blame if you have to try 1 – just because!)
Enjoy each and every one – they are GOOD FOR YOU!
These are great for snacks at any time of day or night, any time of the month ( 😉 ) , for lunch boxes, picnics, staff rooms …